Seagate SeaTools is free hard drive testing software. SeaTools for DOS runs independent from your operating system on its own CD or bootable USB drive. You do not need to own a Seagate or Maxtor hard drive to use SeaTools.
- Download the SeaTools for DOS ISO file
- Use 7-Zip to open the SeaTools for DOS ISO file.
- Extract the SeaTools.ima file to your hard drive.
- Rename the
- Use Image Writer for Windows to write the
SeaTools.imgimage file to a USB drive on Windows.
- Now you can boot off of this USB drive and run SeaTools for DOS.
Note: Writing the SeaTools for DOS ISO file directly to a USB drive using either Rufus or UNetbootin does not work. When doing so I receive a “
BOOTMGR is missing” error message when booting off of the USB drive.